About the role
We are seeking an experienced and creative social media editor, with a strong background in content creation, campaigning, or digital marketing, to lead the growth and development of online channels for our partner, Action Speaks Louder. Action Speaks Louder is a start-up not-for-profit aiming to galvanize people around the world to hold major corporations to account for their climate promises.
In this role, you will:
- Curate and manage Action Speaks Louder’s presence on our blog, website, and social media channels.
- Create professional and engaging visual and written content using tools like Canva, Lumen5, Adobe Creative Suite.
- Create and maintain our channels editorial calendar working with campaigners and the Cuttlefish team.
- Develop and roll out audience engagement and growth strategies for Action Speaks Louder channels, to build our activist base and help win campaigns.
- Work with campaigners and issue experts to create compelling online campaigns, and help public audiences participate in campaigns.
- Collaborate with the Senior Editor on the blogging strategy, and the creative team on design projects.
- Create and own a distinctive tone of voice for Action Speaks Louder’s digital channels.
- Work with our data analytics team to create analytics reports for presentation and review with internal audiences.
- Stay abreast of new developments in using social media for advocacy and activism campaigns, and seek ways to use them in our work.
- Demonstrated achievement in a digital advocacy, campaigning, or digital marketing , or media house content creation, or online engagement role.
- Passion for tackling the climate crisis through public activism and movement building
- Exceptional written communications skills in English.
- Good design knowledge and proficiency creating original visual content using tools like Canva, Lumen5, and the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Good understanding of social media analysis, scheduling tools, and analytics programs like Sprout Social, Hootsuite, and Google Analytics.
- Strong familiarity with mainstream social media channels like TikTok, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and other channels popular in East and Southeast Asia
- Experience in paid marketing, particularly using Facebook Business Manager, Google Ads, and LinkedIn Ads, and messenger marketing.
- Well-developed project management skills, able to work with multiple stakeholders to agreed deadlines.
- Good verbal communication skills, and able to communicate online campaign results to diverse audiences with various needs.
- A solid understanding of how digital communications can create social change.
- Experience in a for-purpose or agency environment would be an advantage.
Fluency in English is essential. Knowledge of one or more of Bengali, Indonesian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Mandarin, Thai, or Vietnamese would be an advantage but not essential for this role. Please note this is a home-based position. We are not able to offer sponsorship for a business visa or work permit at this time. Candidates from minority communities are encouraged to apply.
We can offer you a 12-month, fixed term contract (including a 3 month probationary period) with a possibility of extending contingent on funding and performance.
Complete the form below to apply for this role.